Lighting sets the perfect scene and creates the desired ambiance for any occasion. We offer a range of Lighting Control solutions that allow you to adjust lighting in a few key areas or set scenes for your whole house. Whether you’re looking to control the lighting in your entire home, or just looking for a few easy ways to save energy, an intelligent lighting system will add convenience, security and energy savings to your home. Eco-friendly tip: Did you know that dimming a light by 25% equates to a 20% savings in energy? Plus it typically increases bulb life by a factor of six.
Here are some examples of what intelligent light control can do:
• Automatically turn on outside lights at sunset and off at daybreak or some predetermined time. The lighting system calculates sunrise and sunset for each day based on your city, and even takes into account Daylight Savings Time.
• Turn lights on within your house by remote control from your car. Alternatively, system can be set up to automatically turn on certain lights when your car enters the driveway.
• Program your lights to turn off automatically when a room is unoccupied for a certain amount of time.
• Set your lights to a maximum level of 80%; your eyes won't notice the difference but you will notice the difference in your utility bill! Dimming your lights by just 20% decreases the electricity used by 18% and more than doubles the life of the light bulb. Further dimming results in higher energy savings and longer bulb life.
• Set lights to replicate your normal usage pattern when you're away for the evening or an extended period so it looks like you're home even when you're not. This routine varies randomly from day to day.
• From the comfort of your bedroom, turn the lighting in the whole house off in one touch with a "good night" scene-some lights can go completely off; others can be dimmed.
• Hands-free illumination provided by motion detectors - never fumble around for a light switch in the dark again.
• Ability to present lighting scenes – this reduces the clutter of multiple light switches and allows you to customize which lights to turn on/off or up/down and the brightness levels they move to automatically.
• Automated lighting system can be integrated with the alarm system and be programmed to flash all outside lights and raise all interior lights to full bright when an intrusion is detected.
You can control system lights from your cell phone, an iPad, a wireless controller, or from individual wall dimmers. The lights can execute pre-programmed scenes to simulate established patterns. Dimmers can adjust internal lighting according to natural light levels in the home and save energy by making use of a room’s natural light. Automated lighting allows a central controller to operate the lights, adding convenience, security and energy savings to your home.
Contact SRS Custom Integration at (415) 453-4404 to discuss your intelligent lighting project.